One of the biggest trends right now is a style called “rustic chic”. It is a design trend that shows a weathered look can be classy and updated. We’ve seen this everywhere from shiplap, headboards and picture frames to dining tables and more! It adds charm, character and warmth to the space around it.
For those of us looking for ways to incorporate this trend into our everyday décor, wall art is a great way to show off your up-to-date style! Check out these following eight examples:
- Keep it simple with reclaimed wood chevrons.
- Re-purpose an old ladder in a shelf.
- Channel elegance into your home with this raw wooden shelf.
- Stencil your favorite pattern onto your wood. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
- A whitewashed frame will dress up your jewelry display. It can upgrade a seemingly basic option.
- Old barn wood or driftwood makes the perfect backdrop to hang your family photos.
- Be creative and create your very own wall art turned into coat rack!
- Let your guests know what to expect when they enter a room by having a rustic sign!
If you aren’t up to the task of creating any of these visions yourself, assemble a simple wall collage or frame some vintage memorabilia you have tucked away to create some fun pieces. Rustic chic is all about being rough around the edges while still reflecting your personal style. Layering pieces will create the look you are going for! Have fun creating! #ShorewestRealtors #DIY #TrendWatch #RusticChic